Consider the profile of International University of Africa Sudan – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_University_of_Africa; and then place that in the context of 1-8 below:
1. The Nyanya bomber Aminu Ogwuche attended this same University and “He was again arrested in December last year in Abuja. But HUMAN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS [it would be nice to know which one] and HIS FATHER said his rights were being violated, so he was released him on bail; he immediately jumped bail and didn’t enter Nigeria until he came back for [the Nyanya bomb] assignments.
2. This is the same school that Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the ex-CBN Governor and new EMIR OF KANO attended.
3. There are “28 mentions of ISLAM” in the Wikipedia page for this University times!” – the university has its origins in the Islamic African Centre, established in Khartoum in 1977. In 1992 the military government of Colonel Omar al-Bashir upgraded the institute to a university. Although the word “Islamic” was dropped from the title, Islamic studies are an important part of the curriculum. The university has been active in Islamic higher education in sub-Saharan Africa since it was created. The university has faculties of Education and Humanities, Shariah and Islamic Studies and of Pure and Applied Sciences.
Officially the Chancellor of the university is the President of Sudan. In effect, the head of the university is the Vice-Chancellor. The university is legally independent from the Sudanese state, but the government is the largest financial backer. Classes are mostly held in Arabic, but most of the students come from non-Arabic-speaking African nations and from other countries.
4. The top 6 six countries with the highest number of student enrollments in this University between 2004 and 2010 ALL have now serious issues with TERRORISM:
4. You would recall that a former diplomat to Sudan, Ambassador Sola Dada had raised these alarms in a Punch interview a few weeks ago titled “I was chased out of Sudan when I raised the alarm about Boko Haram – Ambassador Bola Dada” ” [See: http://www.punchng.com/news/i-was-chased-out-of-sudan-when-i-raised-the-alarm-about-boko-haram-ambassador-bola-dada/%5D – he spoke glaringly and fearlessly about what he saw in Sudan – how Osama Bin Laden was operating from there; married to the Speaker of the House of Assembly of Sudan; how Yerima visited the place to be radicalized and ended up declaring Sharia in Zamfara the next day he returned to Nigeria; how there is a well-orchestrated plan to Islamize Nigeria, etc – this is an interview you must not only read; but share; and keep in your archives.
5. Ogwuche is now under ‘the protective custody’ of SUDAN and the country has refused to release him to the Nigerian authorities that visited the country to bring him back to Nigeria.
6. Vanguard News reported a via their headline of Saturday June 14, 2014 that “Sudan’s refusal to extradite Ogwuche followed the alleged intervention of a powerful Nigerian in one of the traditional institutions in Nigeria. He was was said to have moved in to stop the extradition of Ogwuche using the instrumentality of his Alma Mater, African International University, in Sudan – See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/extradition-nyanya-abuja-bomb-blast/#sthash.zhnD1nXj.dpuf
7. This would be a good time for ALL NIGERIANS irrespective of political affiliations to stand up to name all the traditional rulers and indeed prominent Nigerians that are ALUMNUS of this ‘terrorists-producing University’ so we can get to the bottom of WHICH ONE OF THEM is part of this plot to stop the extradition of Ogwuche back to Nigeria.
8. The Federal Government of Nigeria must also as a matter of urgency direct the relevant agencies to henceforth STOP the granting of VISAS to Nigerians going to Sudan unless after intense screening in the same way the FGN should consider taking sanctions against prominent Sudanese citizens and diplomats living in Nigeria until Ogwuche is released back to Nigeria.
My take is – these coincidences are becoming too many; what do you think?