I was heading to the #MeetThePresident event yesterday, when I got a phone call from Blossom Nnodim in the UK – she asked me if I was currently following the drama going on @omojuwa’s timeline – she mentioned how the bloke was actually throwing some invectives at her, so I asked her to give me some time to study this and get back to her. To my uttermost, surprise the first thing I noticed was the screenshot below:
This apparently was Omojuwa practically being a bigot trying to make mockery of Igbo tradition to suggest that ‘Blossom was enslaved into marriage’ while also suggesting that ‘Blossom and others were making a living by being Bloggers’ [Isn’t that what Omojuwa does as well?] – I thought to myself “Waow! How could this guy be going this far simply because of a discussion that had to do with being invited to the #MeetThePresident event?”
So I decided to study his timeline even more – and it became very apparent that I was in for even more of a shocker: Omojuwa goes on to boast even further:
He goes to talk about how ‘The Presidency invited him for a meeting with Bloggers and how he was powerful enough to ask that certain names including Blossom’s be dropped as a pre-condition for his attendance even though he then decides not to honour the same invitation’ – this would suggest that Omojuwa indeed considered attending this event, only for him to choose to change his mind thereafter – which is completely different from the impression of being a demi-god that must be appeased to agree to meet with the President that he spent hours painting on his timeline yesterday:
He also goes further to entertain his audience with stories about how he and his other friends felt too important to be in the same room as the President of Nigeria once there were other bloggers in the same room that had expressed support for him in the past – even going ahead to publish snapshots of an email he got for the invitation – also suggesting that ‘despite his bashing of the Jonathan administration, they and supporters of the President, keep following all over the place’:
While at the same time, making sure he insults and mocks supporters of President Jonathan at the same time:
But, Omojuwa was not done – he also went about suggesting that “those on his side of the debate were intellectually superior to those supporting this President”:
Then he reserves his last set of punches for the President himself:
So here are my takes on this nincompoop:
1. The only reason “Omojuwa Plc” has become such a valuable brand in the last 4-6 years is because of the absolute generosity of Goodluck Jonathan/administration – that allows for all men and women within this polity to express without fear of being intimated or prosecuted – and If I were him, I would reserve a 10% shareholding for Jonathan in this business to thank the man for allowing my business flourish beyond limits.
2. Yes, unknown to many of his followers, Omojuwa is first a businessman before he is a Nigerian – he has rode on the back of the gullibility of the average young Nigerian to build a brand that is very well-patronized by the Nigerian opposition – heavily funded by Nasir El-Rufai; taking briefs from Atiku and Amaechi; and thereby aligning his political views with that of the All Progressive Congress [APC] – and when he begins to suggest that others are being paid to attend events with the President or to support his candidacy, he makes it look like he possesses some level of intellectual and moral superiority over others when he is doing exactly that same thing!
3. The joke is on this idiot – because, he was invited by the organizers of this event to be in the same room with those that support the President and those that do not support to discuss the larger issue of “Nigeria” – yet he chose to make a mockery of the process and the event choosing to be partisan rather than patriotic – this however is the same guy that would jump on the opportunity of attending such an event with Buhari, his obvious candidate going into these polls.
4. Even though similar events organized by Buhari insisted on not inviting anyone that opposed his candidacy – this also clearly shows that my own Candidate, Goodluck Jonathan is a better man and candidate than Omojuwa’s Buhari – because while GEJ, over the last couple of years, has allowed brands like Omojuwa, Feyi Fawehinmi, Elnathan John, Ogundamisi, Pius Adesanmi, Sonala Olumhense, Okey Ndibe, SaharaReporters, PremiumTimes, etc – all that oppose him to flourish, unhindered with their bank accounts swelling with dollars; and their reputations growing globally to the point of now being consulted by the likes of CNN, AlJazeera, FT, The Economists, etc, while Buhari was in office, he made sure he enacted decrees and laws that ensured that such people were locked away without being seen by their families for months!
5. That brings me to this crap about Omojuwa and his ilk suggesting that “those of them that support Buhari are more intellectually superior to those that don’t” – nothing can be farther from the truth than that – first, it is the constitutional right of every Nigerian to pick his/her political right – one that MUST not be discriminated against by anyone that respects that same constitution; and it is only folks like Omojuwa who pretend to be democrats but actually know nadda about how Democracy works that sells such crap as this – neither can Omojuwa prove that he is a more successful man/business than anyone that supports Jonathan – Omojuwa would never smell, even up until the Rapture, the level of business some of us have already engaged in, even before Jonathan became a national figure – and I daresay, on behalf of myself and indeed, other young Nigerians that support this President that “this intellectual gangsterism must stop!”Those that support Jonathan must stop cowing to such notion being sponsored by the likes of Omojuwa that “you must appeal to their positions to validate yours” neither should they spend so much time “seeking engagements with them to raise and discuss any issue of national importance” – they have picked their positions – and we know they have chosen to stand on the wrong side of history – and they should be allowed to continually enjoy the freedom that GEJ has ensured is available to every Nigerian – when a supposed intellectual makes a mockery of an opportunity to discuss topical issues with the President of his nation going to his social media platforms to win more Likes and Follows in the process, then you can safely conclude that his avowed level of intellectualism is very limited and indeed very shallow, and in fact, going forward, he should be described as an agbero rather than an intellectual!